Wednesday, January 22, 2014

How to save money on Grocery by spending less than $100 a week

As a wife, I do my best to help my husband to find  good deals  and save money on grocery by  spending less than $100 a week for a family of three.I do my best to control all my shopping habit by buying the necessity. With all the things I've done so far my husband never complain paying my credit card bill.  

I am stay at home mom and helping my husband by controlling my spending habit is the best way I can help our budget in control without sacrificing our needs. 

Coupon:
I don't really use coupon, they're not available on the items I needed on a regular basis. I usually use the coupon if I like to try new things so I can save it.New items out  on the market  has usually coupon so I take advantage this kind of stuffs.

Stock up:
Whenever is Sale, buy it and stock up if you know you can use it. Just be careful and watch out the expiry date so you're not wasting  your money. 


Weekly ads:
Most of the store has weekly ads available online. You can visit it and compare the price at the same time you have an idea about their deals and price. If you been shopping most of the time you know your store well.

Cook from the scratch:
If you're cooking and like to experiment you'll surely save in your grocery cost. I cook from the scratch and I don't really follow some recipe because some of it my husband won't eat nor am I. If you cook with recipe you can eliminate some of the item with your own taste and  you'll have a healthy meal and you save money from then.  I usually buy, spinach for $1.99, broccoli asparagus for $2.99. 

Seasonal Food:
This is very important, just buy what is cheaper on the market like for example your veggies and fruits. Don't buy those expensive fruits and veggies when you know you can buy it for $99.

Know your store:
Some of the store has specialty deals. I know where I have to buy my fruits for cheaper price and my veggies. I like fruits and I buy a lot of them as it is my daughter's snacks. Every wednesday I have to go on grocery and I know they have a great deals.

Grocery is a big expenses of every family. Cooking from the scratch is the best way to go if you want to save money. Like me, I don't plan my menu of the week. I cook and use whatever is on my fridge. Every morning I just look my fridge and put out the meat to thawed and ready to chop. 

3 comments:

  1. Every time we go to the grocery, it is always almost $200, it's getting more expensive each time. Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really good to take advantage of the discounts and maintain a budget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been trying so hard to stick to my planned budget every single month but it's such a big challenge. I just can't say no to my daughter and hubby when they ask for something. You're right, I think I should take advantage of the sales, coupons and discounts offered so I can save some money.

    ReplyDelete